Sunday, December 11, 2011

MAGICAL SANTA

Having a new Santa come to live at my house can be a magical thing.  Especially this Santa.

My dad is a very prolific stitcher - I have shown his beautiful work many times before.  Sadly he does not really care for stitching samplers but he did do the lovely Rachel Hyde for me and I'm hoping he may be interested in stitching the Solomons Temple sampler on the cover of the new SANQ.

This is the Winter White Santa - design number 100 for Mirabilia.  He prefers Mirabilia designs and has stitched many of them over the years.

This was our first experience using Michaels and while they were not inexpensive like I was hoping - they did do a wonderful job.  My mom picked out the gorgeous moulding all by herself and I must say it is absolutely perfect for this piece  - she also picked the silver gray velour mat used on the top.  When I arrived at Michaels that day - she was struggling for an inner mat and I picked the midnight blue.  So this beautiful Santa is already hanging on my wall - I went out in wind and ugly weather to pick him up today.

With no further ado - here he is

apparently I can't take straight photo to save my life - sorry about the crack on my couch cushions.

Between the horrible lighting and my crummy IPhone photo - you really can't see any of the beauty and details in all the beading.


A close up shot of the frame moulding and a bit of the beading around the tree.  Take my word for it - it is just a lovely piece - I can brag because it is my dad's work and my mom's framing choices - so I'm allowed to gush over this piece.  EXQUISITE !  So magical - that is all I can say.


19 comments:

Nancy said...

Your new Santa is gorgeous! Your Dad does an amazing job of stitching!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Mel ~
WOW is all I can say!!! Is it all cross stitch other than the beading? It is hard to tell by your pics. Yes, Michaels, even with a 50% off coupon is NOT CHEAP. What a treasure.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Such talent...and a treasure to remember forever! Lovely!

Cari said...

AND GUSH you MUST !! Oh Mel....this is a stunning piece. I am in awe of your Dad's work. I am sure you are head over heals in love with this piece .... and Mom and Dad too!! Thanks for sharing. Warmest Hugs

Margaret said...

Wow! Your father is quite the stitcher! Such a gorgeous piece, and I love the moulding and mats you and your mom picked out. Wonderful! You're so lucky to have a dad who stitches. (I love that Solomon's Temple piece too!)

Susan said...

WOW!!! What a great gift from your dad! The piece is stunning and your framing choices make it even more so.

Sorry I haven't been posting comments lately. Now that I have a smartphone, I tend to read blogs on it and then forget to come back later and comment. A very belated congratulations to Jody on surviving his 50th birthday. And you did a great job finishing the ornament.

Jackie's Stitches said...

WOW! It's a gorgeous piece Mel - gush away! Your mom did a great job picking out molding and mat and the inner darker color really works. A fabulous collaboration!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wow... the Santa is gorgeous and how special that your father stitched it for you.

Jeanne said...

It's stunning Mel! Your dad is an awesome stitcher - wish I could see this in person to get an up-close look at all the lovely beading etc. I just love Santa's - you will enjoy this every year - congrats!

Joanie said...

Mel, that is truly a beautiful piece of stitching! It's an heirloom!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Thats beautiful!

Beehive Needleworks said...

Upon my word...the Santa is stunning...and such a treasure indeed! I feel certain that with each passing year you shall cherish the gift even more than the thrill of this day.

Wishing you and yours a splendid holiday season!

Most warmly ~ Judy

Jean in Georgia said...

What a treasure to have such beauty that your mom and dad did together!

Michelle said...

Your dad is amazing! I love your new Santa!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous Santa!!!! Your dad is an accomplished stitcher :-).

Ranae said...

Wowza!
Your dad stitched a stunning piece
Congrats!

Sherry said...

You should brag about this and be thrilled! What a wonderful gift!

Karoline said...

Your Dad did a fantastic job, Santa is gorgeous

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, lucky you, Mel!! Your dad is so talented. You make a great combo--you can do the samplers while he does the Mirabilias! I love that santa. The frame is perfect!