Saturday, April 15, 2017

SHORT POST B I G BIRTHDAY!

April is 1/2 over today - 1 day past a milestone birthday.  Many of my friends sent FB wishes and I thank you all ! I wanted to show you a couple of pretty photos of a lovely luncheon my mom and our dear friend Brenda hosted for my birthday.

The table is set for 12 using my mom's collection of pink depression glass.  She had 4 boxes full and it took her 2 weeks to wash and pack it up for safe transport.  Our DF Brenda also brought serving pieces in pink depression glass that were inherited from great aunts and grandmothers.  It was a special day and will be treasured always.

 It was so wonderful to have 9 special friends attend my birthday luncheon.  I should have taken a photo of the lovely tea fare and all my friends having such a great time.  We had finger sandwiches, chilled asparagus soup served in the cream soup bowls, cheese tarts, strawberry , chocolate and lemon cake balls, coconut macaroons, meringue cookies, mimosas, curried fruit in my nanny's bowl, chocolate Dove eggs, Gallons of hot tea - stitching, laughing oh my what a day !

Here is a photo of my mom and I yesterday in the garden at Club Continental.  it's always a treat to go there for a special occasion.  Right near my home on the banks of the St Johns River - this grand old estate home turned into a private club is mostly used for weddings and functions.  Just one more for the memory books - my birthday is gone but the celebrating and gifts will live on.  Thanks to everyone who made it so special.
Another fun blast from the past concert - Little River Band.  They rocked the house at the historic Florida Theatre last Friday night.

 I wanted to put this on FB and my DH wouldn't let me soooooo - here it is immortalized on my blog which he doesn't read LOL !
Hope all my dear blog friends are having a blessed Holy Week and enjoy Easter with family and friends tomorrow.  Hope to be back again before May to report on our trip to the Sun Region EGA retreat next week.  Hoppy Easter to you all !

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy birthday! I don't do Facebook so I missed it. Looks like you had a wonderful celebration. I'm so glad! You should party on all month!

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy belated birthday! It looked like it was a fabulous celebration. Happy Easter!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Happy Birthday! Special dinner with the depression glass. Have been collecting depression glass for years--gets harder and harder to find and each piece is more expensive.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy, happy birthday! Sounds like it was very special!
xoxo
Lauren

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Happy belated extra special big birthday, Mel! Hope you have a fabulous year!

geeky Heather said...

Happy belated birthday!! I also don't do the facecrook thing. =) What a wonderful treat to have all that beautiful glass set out!! I love that kind of thing...my oldest sister used to have the most wonderful assortment of tea things, but that set is stunning. Love the selfie! =D

Karoline said...

Happy belated birthday, it looked like you had a wonderful time