Wednesday, November 22, 2017

TURKEY TIME !!!!

Thanksgiving seems early this year.  I don't know if that is really the case but this whole year is just slipping away at the speed of light.  One month it will be Christmas - WOW !

Speaking of - I showed this ornament in my last blog post but I finally got around to putting on the hanger.

 It was very plain on the back I thought so I figured out how to make ribbon rosettes from Wiki How on the internet.  It would have been easier I think if the ribbon wasn't so wide and stiff but I am very pleased with my first attempt and it does perk up the back of the ornament.  As I said before it is a LHN Sampler Tree series and we learned to do the beaded edge from our duClay EGA chapter "taste of " program.  I know it's a finish I will use again!
 my dear mom participated in the same "taste of" - she pooped out after doing the one side of beading in class and conned my dear dad into doing two sides and he ran out of beads so it came bouncing back to me to finish LOL !  It is also LHN Sampler Tree series - Deer Inn
 I found a cute little gingerbread man to cover up my messy tacking of the ribbon. 
Next is a gorgeous pillow that DF and finisher extraordinaire Faye - the Carolina Stitcher finished for me.  This is Mirabilia Mermaid initials spelling out M E L.  My dear dad stitched these for me, didn't he do a super job.  The trick was getting them to play nicely together as the colors are different from each other and the L is a larger size (sigh) Faye really handled those issues well and I picked out some pretty batik that pulled the colors all together I feel.  In my delusional wooley thoughts  -  I was going to do all of them and put in a wall hanging- NOT !  these things are as much work or more than the Prairie Schooler alphabet of which I have the A stitched, framed and hanging on my wall.  They are indeed beautiful and I would not deter anyone from stitching them or at least one!


Next up is another challenge piece for our EGA chapter I finished this past weekend.  Shepherds Bush Moonlight Garden.  It is mounted in a cute tray with ravens carved into the ends.  It was only a couple of weeks of missing Halloween but I have it out on a  table thru the weekend.  It will go into hibernation when I bring out the Christmas stuff hopefully this weekend.

Here is the raven carving.  Really cute little tray by Retromantics I think is the company SB uses.
Well my friends - I wanted to pop out and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you all have family and friends to celebrate with and much to be thankful for this year.  I am thankful for many things, my blessings which are many, my dear family, many friends, a great job, health and happiness and many other things too numerous to list.  Best wishes to you all - please comment - I love hearing from you what you are most thankful for this year.

4 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful finishes!!!
Happy, happy Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jackie's Stitches said...

You are becoming quite the finisher with all kinds of techniques now under your belt! Love your Carolina Stitcher finish - such a treasure from your dad! Fay did a great job with the finishing too.

Margaret said...

I love all the finishes! the pillow finish that Faye did for you is wonderful, as are all of your own finishes. I'm so impressed! I hate finishing. lol! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Karoline said...

The finishes are all gorgeous! Congratulations to all of you.