Friday, March 30, 2018

EASTER GREETINGS !

I just couldn't let another month go by without making a blog post.  I really have no photos to show of what I've been accomplishing because it isn't much of anything needlework wise.

Work has been very demanding this year with many tough projects on my plate all due in March and April.  I'm not out of the woods yet but several have had successful launches. 

With all my energy and attention on work - I have had little time or energy for needlework.  I have done some mindless knitting and am making  progress on my Rodeo Drive poncho (but no new photo) and my Jujuy shawl (again no updated photo)

I did have this darling needlepoint bunny canvas by Liz that has gotten some love this past week.  I had put in part of the bunny a few years ago when I first bought the canvas . I had put in the lacy top borders also.  I spent the day with DF Linda K last Saturday and she is a great friend to brainstorm and collaborate with on threads and stitches.  She provided great suggestions for the tulips and all the ones in this photo have gone bye-bye and I'll put them in as she recommended over the weekend.  It came out really cute - now to decide whether I will tackle the finishing or I'll  send it to a finisher.

What do you think of the easter eggy colored chevron fabric?   I think it would be great for backing fabric.

 Sure would hate to ruin it but I haven't ruined anything yet.  May not be as slick as a pro but my finishing is improving and I would like to keep challenging myself.

I hope if any of my blogs friends are still out there reading my neglected blog - that you all have a blessed Easter, don't eat too many chocolate bunnies and better yet - spend some time with a needle "stitching" on your bunnies and chicks !!!

10 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Of course your readers are still here. We don't want to miss the adventures! The bunny is a darling design. I hope you decide to do the finishing yourself. As skilled as you are with a needle, I know you can do it if you just go slowly and stay patient—which I find really hard to do myself. I loathe finishing but I do it to save $$.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your bunny finish is adorable and I love the chevron fabric for backing. I know you are skilled enough for the finishing but at times it's nice to just let someone else do it!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are most talented and I'm sure you could do the perfect finish.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Margaret said...

Love your bunny and the chevron fabric should be great for it! I'm sure you could finish it yourself with no problem. Sorry you are so busy at work. Happy Easter!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your bunny piece is adorable. I like the chevron fabric. I hope your work life settles down to low soon.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

A dear friend has agreed to teach a strawberry finishing class--as my finishing skills need vast improvement, I am going to start small and practice

geeky Heather said...

Adorable bunny, and I love that baking fabric you chose! Like you, I could finish it, but anything with interior corners...I might just pay someone else for that hassle! Have a happy Easter! (True story: autocorrect tried to change "happy" to "hot"...it's like it knew where you're located! =D )

henri said...

Sweet bunny and the fabric will be perfect! Happy Easter

Gwen said...

Hope you had a Blessed Easter. The weather here was wonderful. The bunny is very nice you did a great job, and the fabric for the backing is perfect.

Karoline said...

I hope you have had a good Easter, I'm guessing you have had a much warmer one than we have. We are *still* waiting for Spring to arrive.

Your Bunny is very cute and if you decide to finish it yourself the fabric is perfect. Hope that your work is calming down now.