Tuesday, July 10, 2018

TIME GOES BY

Yes my friends - time goes by !  I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted on my blog.  There hasn't been much going on.  Needlework wise nothing was finished except my Camp Loopy for June project was finished on time - YAY!!!

My faithful blog followers will know that every summer I do a virtual camp with The Loopy Ewe
a great on line shop but they also do brick and mortar in Colorado.  Below is my June finish, for any knitters who may be interested I used the Hedgehog Fibres sock - wasn't that impressed with the yarn.  It seemed over processed to me and felt like I was knitting with cotton.  It behaved like cotton and wasn't springy like wool should be.  I do love the color and it blocked out nice so it's a nice finish and I might use it for a gift. The pattern is Spindrift by Helen Stewart.  I really like how she writes her patterns.
This is what I am working on for July.  It is a mix of Woolen Boon Space Cowboy in the middle and two skeins of Spud and Chloe Fine on either side.  I am doing Therapy by Laura Aylor.  So far I really like the yarn and the pattern.  Just have to keep hustling along, this one has more yardage than the June challenge. 



 
 

We spent a long weekend in St Augustine Beach in June.  It was a lovely but HOT weekend.  Here is our view from the balcony.  I never tire of that view and I don't know why we don't go to the beach more often for weekend getaways.  The condo is much roomier than a hotel - that is probably why we don't.



I always bring WAY too many projects to work on but this time I limited myself to finishing the shawl above, some time enjoying my watermelon class piece and a Plum Street SAL with our EGA guild.  OH and I did sneak in a new start on the WTNT Basketful of Summertime.

 
I'd love to hear what you have been up to this summer.  So many of my favorite blogs are never updated any more and I feel like I've lost a good friend.  Many of those "friends" post on FB but it's not the same as a good old newsy blog post.  So if you used to write on a blog - why don't you take a minute to update it and let your blog friends know what you're up to.  Until we meet again - have a wonderful summer!

7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Well you have been busy and productive.
We have been hot here in NH but finally back to normal so I can hook a bit in the evening after work.
cathy

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you have been busy. Lovely pictures you shared! Keeping busy with needle and thread (working on assorted smalls) here!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so sorry to read about your Hedgehog Fiber experiences. I have just 1 skein I think in my stash. Your Camp Loopy project is so pretty! Can't wait to see what you're doing this month.

I'm glad you got away for a weekend - we all need that mental break and a chance to recharge!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your knitting skills always leaves me in awe!
I know what you mean about blogs vs Facebook. I still prefer blogging, though less people are reading and commenting. Oh well. Oh hell :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your knitting is beautiful! Such beautiful yarns--we went to a fiber festival in May and the look and feel of yarns brings satisfaction to the senses.

Margaret said...

Love your camp loopy projects! You're not the first person I've heard say that Hedgehog fibers sock isn't the greatest. That's too bad. But the shawl looks great, and I love the picks for your next project. I think I know the answer to this, but are you on instagram? :D It's not the same aa a blog either, but it's quick and fun. I don't do Facebook although I'm on it.

Karoline said...

Love your Spindrift shawl, as you know I am a massive fan of Helen's shawls and part of that is the way she writes her patterns. I like the yarn you have chosen for your next project.

Ironically I have just updated my blog! I'm trying to make sure I get to it regularly but just recently time to craft has been in short supply now I'm back at work and if I don't have progress to show then the impetus to blog is not so strong.