Monday, November 02, 2009

Souvenir de France




Here's my lovely little BBD freebie. I stitched this piece for a dear friends daughter who was married earlier this summer and honeymooned in France. Nancy did the gorgeous finishing for me and the beautiful paisley fabric and the lovely pearl trim was all her idea. She did an extraordinary job on this wonderful little pin pillow. She even put in a hint of lavender in case the bride wants to use it in her lingerie drawer. She also added a delicate little heart on the back of the pillow.

It was stitched on 36ct LL Chantilly Creme with Belle Soie Peacock.






I'm going to make this post short since I am working on a report of the Halloween Rug Hooking workshop I attended this past weekend. Just could not contain my excitement and wanted to share this lovely little pin pillow with all of you.

9 comments:

Cari said...

Darling stitch and finish Mel. I'm sure the bride will LOVE it!! And yes girl, if we lived closer to each other you'd be knitting socks like crazy and I'd have my first rug complete!! Oh well...we'll get together one day I'm sure. Have a great week! Hugs

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your beautiful stitching and Nancy's finishing is a great combo! The fabric you picked is perfect and I'm sure the bride will love it!

Loraine said...

How darling! Love the colors and the pearl beads. That is a great idea. Can't wait to hear about your retreat.
Take Care.

Deb said...

What a great finish! I just love this piece and I love the color you stitched it in. I don't think that I ever would have thought to use pearls around the edges, but I really, really like it and think it goes very well with it!! I'm sure that your friend's daughter is going to love it!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! So beautiful! I love how it came out -- and I love your choice of colors too. Can't wait to hear about your Halloween rug hooking!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a pretty finish Nancy did for you!

Katrina said...

Very pretty, and the finishing is gorgeous.

Nancy said...

I enjoyed finishing this for you Melody! So glad you like it!

islander said...

i am the fortunate friend of this wonderful stitcher, and the mother of the bride who received this adorable pin pillow. the beautiful detail of the pin pillow is only surpassed by the thoughtfulness of it. my thanks, melody, for giving such a sweet gift to erin and justin to have with their honeymoon memorabilia.