I was planning to do a Happy St Patrick's Day post but here is what I see out of the french doors in my office.
Naked trees, gray, drizzly, gloomy, nothing green about today.
I was very honored to receive my first blogger award from Margaret - one of my stitching idols. Thanks Margaret !
I am supposed to nominate 7 other blogs but as I have seen several others do I am going to decline with that part because there are SOOOO many talented people out there whose blogs I love and I'm sure dozens more that I have yet to discover so kudos to all my friends in blog land.
I'm not even sure I can come up with 7 interesting things but I'll try.
1. I'm an only child and I have no children myself - never minded being an only child except now that my parents are aging (aren't we all) I am a little sad to think that one day I might be very alone.
2. I exhibited purebred dogs for 25 years (Afghan Hounds) - I owned and bred a number of champions and traveled all over the US to shows. No I don't have any dogs - my last old champion died about 8 years ago and honestly - if I never pick up a brush again as long as I live - it won't hurt my feelings.
3. Jody and I have known each other almost all our lives - he is almost 5 years younger than I and he was and still is good friends with my only cousin (my mom's sister's only son) We aren't close but he and Jody keep in touch. He grew up in the neighborhood and we have been together for 30 years.
4. I lived in the same house for 50 years - it was a tiny cottage my grandparents built after the depression when they moved to Jacksonville - needless to say it was very traumatic for me to consider and execute a move 20 miles away however we love our home and I'm glad we made the move.
5. When I was much younger I dated a member of a prominent southern rock band from jacksonville and even went to concerts with them. I was back stage lots of times and it is just as bizzare and seedy a lifestyle as you could imagine. Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll (please god don't let my mom read this!) Lots of times I would tell her I was going to a dog show and I would go and park my van at a friends house and then get on a plane or meet the tour bus. My boyfriend bought me lots of extravagant gifts and it was fun for a while but the first time I got slapped and knocked around by a jealous groupie I was ready to give up the rock and roll life style. Another scary thing that happened was that different members of the same band were fighting and feuding and someone crashed a chair thru the windows of the hotel room we were staying in and glass shattered all over the place - needless to say that was the final straw - the last concert I went to with him. I saw the guy in the rock band not long ago at a local concert and he is even fatter and older looking than I - geez - I wish I just had remembered how he looked in 1979 on the album cover.
6. I've been in the car business for 30 years as well. With a Ford dealership for 21 years and now a family owned management company that owns dealerships in 3 states. I am a network admin and love my job.
I'm afraid I am not a very interesting person since I can't even come up with #7 - sorry !
I'm really excited to be going to another rug workshop this weekend. We have been going down to Sebring Fl which is below Orlando in the orange grove region for a number of years now. It will be a welcome vacation and time to spend with mom at a lovely inn on the lake.
I love old textiles - samplers quilts rugs coverlets furniture etc. I love samplers and stitching them. Knitting has been with me my whole life and is probably my first love. Rug hooking is a passion for me and I really love the creative freedom in working with wool. Hope you enjoy all my wooley thoughts !