Wednesday, March 09, 2011

MISS MERRIE - TAKE A BOW

Needless to say I am still ecstatic over my finish of Merrie Halloween on Sunday. She is a pretty miss in my opinion. For any rug hookers out there - she was hooked mostly in a 6 cut with hand dyed wool and the color plan and wool was by Diane Stoffel. There are some finer details in a 4 and 5 cut. The binding is not done but I consider her complete when the hooking is done. Here is a full shot of the rug which is 28" X 38" - WOW - that was bigger than I thought it was. I've been working on her a little over 3 years but of course have done lots of other things since I started her on Halloween weekend at a private workshop with Diane.


For some strange reason I have been unable to upload photos all week using my normal method of uploading the photos from my computer - the select button has not been active and is still not active.  I had to mess around with loading this from webshots - good thing I remember I could still do it that way.
Here is a little closer shot of her face and the vining which I love - too bad you can't see how beautiful the wool actually - I just presume most of my readers are non hookers and don't really care about seeing a lot of fine details. 

so - there you go - a BIG finish on my 11 in 2011 Challenge list can be marked off DONE - outta here !

I hope you are all having a good week and taking some time to do what you love to do.

25 comments:

KAREN said...

I love it. I just ordered a kit from the Blue Tulip and can't wait to give it a try. Where did you get your pattern?

Alice said...

Gorgeous! She is lovely.

Nancy said...

Merrie Halloween is gorgeous! Congratulations on your finish Melody!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Oh my goodness, Mel! She is wonderful - absolutely fantastic! Huge congratulations!!!

Beehive Needleworks said...

Upon my word...Miss Merrie takes my breath away! She is absolutely wonderful. Congratulations on another fine piece of handwork M!

Warmly...Judy

Margaret said...

Big congratulations! Oh my! She is just gorgeous!

I had to wait forever and try over and over before blogger let me upload pics to my blog. I don't know how to do it any other way,

Now how about sending me that rug? lol!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Mel ~
Your rug is absolutely WONDERFUL. I love, love, love it!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Ranae said...

I love Merrie Halloween, she is awesome.
I wish I could be a hooker!! ;)
There are so many cool Halloween designs

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Superb! I love this...like you said, the vines...but her dress and mask are to die for! I appreciate all the rug techno talk...thanks! I need a Halloween pattern!!
Courtney

Laurie in Iowa said...

Miss Merrie is gorgeous. Congrats on an awesome finish.

Kim said...

Oooooh! Aaaaaah!! I love Merrie!!! Wooohooo!! Congrats on the big finish!!!

krayolakris said...

Love your Merrie, maybe even as much as your Mermaid! Congratulations Mel!! Great job!

Jeanne said...

Big congratulations Melody! I know you have been plugging away on this a long time so it's really a very satisfying finish! Yahoooo!It's beautiful - what will you be doing with it - will it hang on the wall, be placed on a table, or what? Surely you won't be stepping on it right? LOL

Isabelle said...

Hi Melody, your Merrie Halloween is sdo nice ! Congratulations on your finish :-))
Have a quiet day,
Isa

Jackie's Stitches said...

WooooHooo! Congratulations! She is just gorgeous and I'd love to see all her fine details in person. Where are you going to put her?

Katrina said...

Wow, oh wow!!! She is just so gorgeous and charming :-). Huge congrats on the finish!

Michelle said...

She is gorgeous! I'm so excited for you having finished her!!! And while some of us may not be rug hookers, I'd really like to be, so feel free to share the details!

Cari said...

Oh my gosh MEL she is wonderful!! I love her to pieces. You are one fabulous hooker!! LOL Hugs

henri said...

Mel,

She is FAB-U!!!!!!!! Congrats on your wonderful
finish.

henri

Siobhán said...

WahOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Amazing finish, Mel! I love it.

Lynn B said...

This is lovely, your blog is too!

Karoline said...

Miss Merrie is gorgeous, congratulations

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Catching up from our Spring Break and my little break from the computer. Miss Merrie is wonderfully done, she's gorgeous! Congrats!

Susan said...

Mel, Congratulations on a great finish! I'm sure you're smiling ear to ear each time you see Miss Merrie!

Fiddlehead Finery/ DeEtta Gilland said...

Katie, I saw your Merrie at Sebring. She is wonderful! Sorry Id id not see you or Judy. DeEtta