Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE !

So many people did their "year in review" and they are all so wonderful. 

I felt like a had a very good year for finishing projects, I was positive I was going to finish my oldest hooked rug WIP but alas I just did NOT work on it hardly at all in the 4th quarter so I'm dragging that into 2014 with the million other WIP/s UFO/s that I have.  Another big disappointment was not finishing Autumn House - so close yet so far.  The black sky using black silk just got me down and I was unable to work on it except for short periods of time.

In looking thru my photos - I feel some of them must be on my Ipad devices but oh well.  This will be a much shorter trip thru the finishes than some of my friends have but oh well here goes.












my wedding sampler completion is not here - just some WIP photos which I didn't include.  Hopefully I will get around to getting it framed in the near future and can show that photo.

How many of you have the tradition of starting a new project on NYE or New Years Day?  I used to always start a project on Christmas Eve too but this year I just didn't get to start my Drawn Thread Christmas Thoughts.  However I am participating in the huge worldwide Facebook Sampler World group Snooty Parrots SAL and will be starting that around midnight tonight.  I will be starting a wonderful new crewel rug in mid January when I attend my 15th Off the Ocean rug camp !  I am one of only a very few people who have attended every one of these rug camps.  I'm sure there will be a celebration for their 15th anniversary and I'm happy to be part of it.

I wish for you a wonderful new year full of many happy times to remember with family and friends.
With warm and wooley thoughts - I thank you for supporting my blog all year and hope you will come back often and share your comments with me.  Cheers !

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Mel, how can you say your finishes don't match up to others'? So many beautiful finishes!! Wow! I love seeing all of them too. I'm so looking forward to seeing what you work on in 2014. Especially the rugs. lol! Since I am only a wannabe rug hooker, I so enjoy seeing what you make. How cool about the rug camp! I bet you are excited to be going to that! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You have quite the parade of finishes! Looking forward to seeing what you work on in 2014. I'm not starting Snooty Parrot but do have a stitching new start planned for tomorrow.

Laurie in Iowa said...

It looks like you have lots of finishes for 2013 to me! Love your review post and look forward to seeing your rug hooking projects in 2014.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and a Bright 2014!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What wonderful finishes. I think you've had a very productive year!
Lucky you off to rug camp for the 15 th year.
Happy New Year.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look at all those pretty finishes Melody! I still adore that Scarecrow Rug GORGEOUS!!!
May your 2014 be filled to overflowing with all the things you love best :)

Roberta said...

Melody love you accomplishments for 2013. Especially love the edging of the butterfly shawl

Happy New Year

Cari said...

Happy Happy New Year Mel. All of your work is amazing. I always love reading your blog as you inspire me to get off my butt and get to work !! Have a wonderful year…you know I'm looking forward to drooling over all of your work. Hugs dear friend.

geeky Heather said...

Lovely lovely finishes and I want to curl up with ALL of them at once because it is so cold here!!!

Karoline said...

Lovely to see all your finishes. Have a great time at Rug Camp