Sunday, June 22, 2014

JUNE JAUNTS

Good day friends!  June is rolling right along with yesterday being the first day of summer.  We were lucky enough to spend a wonderful 3 day weekend at St Augustine Beach.  We usually go every year and every year it is different and special.  This year it was extremely hot - yesterday when we got in our car to go and eat lunch it was 96 and the "feels like temp" was 103.  That is HOT even for Florida but there was a nice ocean breeze blowing.

Here is the view down the beach to the north from our front balcony.  At least you can see the beautiful clear day.

Here is a view from our balcony and the pool area.  We don't go in the pool here because we have a pool of our own and you get spoiled with your own pool.   But it is a lovely pool area and lots of people and kids were loving it.

Here is a recent finish of "Snowed in" one of the 6 Snowmen from Lizzie * Kate.  It is my "work" project - not that I can stitch at work but I do come in a lot on the weekend to attend to after hours things and sometimes I can snatch a stitch or two.

Here is the two together and next up is Snow Friends in the middle.  This is on 28ct R&R Antique Cotton.  A large count so I can see at work without my prescription stitching glasses.  It's a cutesy piece - not my typical stitching fare but I think they are really cute and easy stitching.

This is my Metallurgy progress so far.  WOW - I only have 8 days left to complete my Camp Loopy #1 project.  I'm sure those of you who read my blog regularly know that every summer I participate in the Camp Loopy projects with The Loopy Ewe.  I have a group of local friends who all participate and we have a great time cheering each other on and helping each other get to the finish line.  The CL #2 yarn has already arrived - dang I should have taken a photo but I'll wait until I show you my finished Metallurgy - Yes I'm being super optimistic because my BFF Henri says if I remain calm and knit on I can finish.  I will have to say it is a much more demanding pattern that I usually pick for CL projects but I did not do my homework before picking the pattern.  I just loved it and ordered it up.  It's not that I can't do it but it's the "doing it fast" part that I am having problems with.  It is a 44 row repeat on the border and it requires my full attention and I have done a lot of tinking back of those border stitches when I frequently mess up.  Oh well - it will be nice when I finish.
 
Hope all of you are having lovely first days of summer wherever you are and whatever you are working on.  Thanks for visiting and commenting - I do love hearing from you all.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Summer Mel! Your Lizzie Kate project looks like so much fun, and your knitting is beautiful. Glad you had fun on your June Jaunt - beautiful place!

Margaret said...

Your metallurgy is looking great! I'll root you on to a finish as well -- you can do it! Love the Lizzie Kate as well. 96 is way too hot for me, no matter what. Yikes!! Hope it's cooler now that you're home.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Lizzy Kate is a perfect summer stitch - we need a reminder cooler days are to come!

I have no doubt you can finish your Camp Loopy project. 26% of the month is still left!

Glad to see you got a few days away to relax. I hope you didn't have to attend to work stuff to much while you were away!

Beehive Needleworks said...

A very happy summertime to you dear Mel! Your "snowperson" stitching is perfect for hot summertime temperatures, and your loopy project is lovely. Such gorgeous yarn!
Thank you for your kind visit to my wee corner of the land...it is always a great pleasure to see you!
Sending summer hugs your way ...
Judy x

Karoline said...

Glad you had a good break. Your snowmen are cute and Metallurgy looks lovely

Loraine said...

Looks like a wonderful trip to the beach! I just love St Augustine.
Your knitting is fabulous, as always and I also really like your Lizzy Kate project! It's so nice to stitch on 28 count isn't it?
Have a wonderful week. Hugs to you dear friend!