Monday, September 30, 2019

SAD TO SEE SEPTEMBER GO

September was a pretty good month.  We dodged a big bullet in NE FL with a near miss from Dorian - the hurricane that decimated part of the Bahamas - it was so close - so scary!  We are not out of the woods yet with hurricanes so we'll keep praying that 2019 is a clear year for our area and keep praying for those in Panama City FL and Mexico Beach and surrounding areas who never got ANY help from our government thru FEMA.  I don't understand why they are the forgotten, it's so sad.

I can't believe it's been over a month since vacation.  Yes we were back in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tenn with my folks.  We love going up there and visiting familiar places, shopping, relaxing etc.
 Here is a photo of us on my mom's birthday.  This restaurant is way up high in Gatlinburg - well high for us flatlanders .  my husband looks like a giant next to my folks - he used to say he was living in the hobbit house when we lived in my grandmothers little 900 sq ft cottage.  Now we have high ceilings in our craftsman home so he doesn't feel so inhibited and claustrophobic.



Last night in the condo - above Pigeon Forge with a nice view of the Smokey Mountain range.
 Those who follow my blog know I spend all summer knitting on Camp Loopy projects.  Yehaw I did finish this beauty with 1 hour to spare and posted my photo at 11pm on 8/31/19 - This is Jodi by Joji.
The yarn is new to me Knerd String Sport - it was lovely to knit with - 3 colors - come on fall - I can't wait to wear this one.
As all the stitchers following here know - Faye Riggsbee Carolina Stitcher had a terrible fall in June and shattered her elbow and had a long hot summer on the road to recovery.  She has made a miraculous return to stitching and her finishing business.  She sent back this darling to me last week - this is a Heart in Hand design.  I can't remember the exact name of the chart.  I just love the creative touches Faye uses in all her finishing.


I had to delete 2 photos that were upside down - I was sure I corrected that .  Oh well - more for next time.  I'm back to stitching more in hopes of finishing a few more of our EGA chapters challenges before the end of the year. 
 
Of course there is always knitting !  I'm back on another Joji design I started this winter called Odyssey - I'll show a photo next time.
 
I hope fall is coming to some of my blog friends.  No chance of that here - it was 90 again today (sigh)  One of these days when we least expect it - I guess it will be fall in the deep south.  Until we meet again - I hope you enjoy all the things you love most about fall.

6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I love the look on your mother's face she looks sassy! wonderful projects I am going to dip my toe in the knitting thing this winter I may be very sorry for I do not need another hobby.
cathy

Merry Wind Farm said...

It is going to be over 90 all this week in sw Ohio! I am so aggravated. But at least this weekend should be the end of it, hopefully fall like weather after that. I saw on the news a few weeks ago a picture of Mexico Beach, and it still looks just as bad as when the hurricane struck. People complain and complain about PuertoRico, but what about the panhandle? Melinda

Rugs and Pugs said...

It's also going to be near 90* in northern Ohio tomorrow. I'll be longing for weather like that come January. (Really, that is too hot for me.)
Your vacation looked wonderful!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your shawl is gorgeous and the bunny pillow finished by Faye is adorable. Look forward to seeing your other projects. It looks like you had a good time in TN. Summer is still holding on here, but we have seen glimpses of fall here and there.

Margaret said...

Belated commenting. I was on holiday last week! Anyway, love the bunny pillow -- so glad to hear Faye is better! Love that shawl. Very beautiful, and I love the colors! I'm looking forward to seeing your Joji shawl. That woman is so talented! It can't make up its mind around here whether to be hot or cold. Right now it seems to think it's fall again. lol!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I think I might be the only one who hasn't knit a Joji pattern! Your finish is beautiful!